This guide assumes that you have a functioning website with Acquia Lift. If you need to troubleshoot configuration, here are some helpful links:
<insert links here>
You host a sports website that publishes articles about baseball, football, basketball and hockey. The primary goal of your website is to drive newsletter signups - which provide an avenue to promote premium (paid) content. During a recent dive into analytics it was found that the home page bounce rate was at 80%, meaning that 80% of the users who came in to the home page did not interact with any other part of the site before exiting...and only 1% eventually signed up for newsletters.
The team believes the home page in its current state is too generic and by personalizing to the user's preference for a team they can increase engagement and subsequently drive more newsletter signups as users are finding the content more relevant to their personal taste.
The elements on the home page are:
- Hero image with a headline and subtitle
- Set to show 4 slides in random order, one for each sport's article listing page
- Newest articles listing in right sidebar
- sport agnostic
- 4 featured articles - 1 per sport
- Tagged as featured on node
- 4 player news blocks
- newest for each sport
The team decides that a complete takeover of the home page to someones favorite sport would be too much as users may be interested in more than 1 sport, so they decide to personalize based on the users preference for a given team per sport. They decide to change the following:
- Make the hero slideshow primary article the latest article for their TOP favorite team across all sports, the rest are generic to each sport
- Make the player news into the latest news blurb from a player for their favorite team per sport
- Make the featured articles specific to their favorite team per sport, if no preference show latest
Using Acquia Lift -- make this dream a reality.